About me and this Blog

I am a woman of a certain age who has finally been able to enjoy my love of horses Initially to ride them but as time has gone on I have learnt there is more to horses than riding them and want to share this with you.
Alison

I have 2 other blogs, feel free to browse,
i-clickphotos.blogspot.co.uk

you can follow me on Twitter @alisonbarton1

Saturday 1 September 2012

Pooch or Pony a problem solved ?

Horse and Hounds  come as a  set pack fab together

I love horses and I love dogs and if I had to live without one it would be a hard choice.  I love coming home to my dogs,  and love spending time with horses at the stables. 

Visiting the Monmouthshire show last week I was in heaven being amongst so many beautiful Horses and Dogs, together at the same time. 

To see Horses and dogs(hounds) bounding along side by side is breathtaking. So when you love both how could you choose one over  the other.? 
little or large there is a choice


Horses are big. and they can be gigantic
 like this huge Hunter, he must have been approaching 18hh. But right next to him is this lovely  little guy, small but perfectly formed and although you can't see in the photo he has a rider on his back too.. So there is a choice with horses, but perhaps not as much as with dogs? 
My Beautiful Beagles perfect dogs for us
I love the gun dogs, and Phil's favourite in the ring was a Pyrenean mountain dog which is huge of course. I loved the Irish Setter at the show but he was too big for me. 



We have beagles which are a perfect size and nature for us and so beautiful.  They can sit at your feet and snore gently while you watch T.V. At some point you have to leave your horse in the field or stable Don't you?.  

Well perhaps not, perhaps I could have the best of both worlds look at this little guy I saw at the show he's smaller than some dogs!

But this little fella is smaller than a lot of dogs

Could he be the answer? A horse I could have at home yeah !!! But then of course I couldn't ride him and he may be able to go into homes and many do as Guide Horses http://www.guidehorse.org/photo_page.htm  but my floors couldn't cope with it and what would my Beagles say . No I can't choose between them and while I can afford dogs at home and only get a horse fix with my lessons I have to have both in my life but just not together not yet not til I win the lottery.

Alison

                                                                                                   

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love horses and dogs too! Coming home to my dogs is always the greatest. . .they are always so happy to see me. My dogs are a bit bigger than yours, though :)
But I also love going to the barn to see my horse. They both offer something different for me.
I don't think I could choose, either.